Ma'asim Tovim - Chai!
Entering 7th & 8th Grades
Maximum Enrollment: 18
8 weekly sessions: 9am - 4pm M-F
Ma’asim Tovim is the most unique day camp experience in Kansas City! Ma’asim Tovim means “good work”. Chai means “life”. We are encouraged to be good and ethical people – mensches. Each week is limited to 18 campers – Chai in Hebrew also means 18! We are bringing Chai to our campers and to those that they assist through their good work. Each week campers give community service and participate in fun day camp or recreational activities – both contributing to good life!
- Sample community service locations: child care center, nature center, humane society, senior center, food bank, youth organizations and community garden.
- Sample recreation: Swimming, bowling, skating, museums, and local recreation areas.
Here is what is in store for 2017!
- June 7 – Main Event Entertainment
- June 14 – Worlds of Fun
- June 21 – Royals Game vs Red Sox
- June 28 – Cool Crest Family Fun Center
- July 12 – Oceans of Fun
- July 19 – PowerPlay Entertainment Center
- July 26 – Top Golf
- Aug 2 – Cosmic Jump & Escape Room
Cost per week:
Full Time: $417 | $277 with Member Discount
Permission to leave Camp Independently
J Campers who are entering 5th grade or older may get parental permission to leave J Camp independently when dismissed between 3:45 – 4:00 p.m. Parents may sign the parental permission form in the CampDoc Authorizations section. When parents give permission, once dismissed after Camp, independent campers 5th grade and older will not be supervised and parents must arrange a time and place to pick them up. The Independent youth must be able to be trusted and agree to be in approved areas of the Jewish Community Campus. Approved areas include the Main Lobby, and if they are J member, they must show their J membership card to go to open areas of the pool, gym or racquetball courts. Independent youth must behave themselves, and act appropriately. The J reserves the right to remove the option of a youth continuing to leave independently if they are not able to follow the rules.