J Camp Enrollment Instructions
Summer Day Camp for Members & Guests, Age 2-13
Create Your Own Adventure | Enroll Early and Get a Discount!
Online Enrollment Is Now CLOSED for 2020 - All Sessions Are Full
J Camp is partnering with CampDoc.com for online enrollment and our electronic health record system. The CampDoc system helps us consolidate and integrate camper registration and health information into a centralized and secure location. And it’s easy for parents to update their child’s information each year.
To Enroll in J Camp
When Enrollment begins, click on the Enroll Now button below. If your child is a return camper, simply enter your email address and CampDoc password to get started. If you are new to J Camp, follow the prompts to create an account. You will be able to enroll your camper, select a camp session and pay your deposit online. You will also be able to set up your monthly payment schedule with all final payments due by July 15, 2020. Once enrolled, you will receive additional emailed information about how to complete or update your camper’s health profile. You will receive periodic notifications from CampDoc.com if you have an outstanding balance or have not completed required health information.
- Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge are preferred browsers. Internet Explorer will not work with CampDoc.
- Campdoc.com will provide you with an email receipt of your child’s camp enrollment.
- You may also enroll online to add camps and services throughout the summer.
- If you need to cancel or change a camp registration you will need to call (913) 327-8004 or e-mail us.
We do not have a paper enrollment option. If you have trouble enrolling online please call (913) 327-8004 for assistance. If you are applying for financial assistance, please enroll online and notify us via e-mail that you are submitting a financial assistance application.
All campers are required to have current health information on our electronic Health Information system, CampDoc.com. Families are able to submit camper information into a secure, online database, so Camp Staff can instantly access vital medical information. After you enroll for Camp, CampDoc.com will send a link to complete medical information, allergies, medication, and emergency contact information. Those families who have already completed a CampDoc.com profile, will be able to update their prior information and sign the annual permission form. Licensing and accreditation require that we have families update the information before each camp season. All information in the health records is kept confidential and health details shared with staff only when necessary for proper care and safety.
During J Camp, Blast Off, and Last Blast sessions, May 26 – August 7, Campers can choose to bring their own lunch or lunch is available on a pre-order basis to purchase (not available for Ma’asim Tovim Camp).
The Jewish Community Center is able to support a limited number of children with special needs for J Camp, primarily through funding by Sasone and the Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City. If your child has special needs or requires assistance to successfully function in a group setting and wants to attend J Camp, before enrolling, contact the appropriate J Camp Director to request an application for Para assistance. In addition to the J Camp enrollment fee, families are asked to pay a portion of the Para cost. Space is limited. Financial assistance is available for Para support.
DD Gass, School-Age J Camp Director
[email protected] or 913-327-8079
Machaela Whelan, Child Development Center (CDC) Camp
[email protected] or 913-327-8051
Sasone, a department of the Jewish Federation, provides critically needed support for children identified with developmental or special needs to participate in a group in J Camp programs. With the help of Sasone, and other funders, we work with Staff to modify and adapt program experiences and provide Para support as available.
Camp Financial Assistance Available
The Jewish Community Center welcomes all families to consider participation in our programs. For questions regarding financial assistance, contact us at [email protected] or at (913) 981-8878.
Terms of Enrollment – J Camp
- J Membership is not required to attend J Camp, but Membership does offer a significant discount.
- In order to receive J Camp Member pricing, J Family Membership is required. Membership options include Annual, Summer, or Month-to-Month membership. Membership must be in place at the time of enrollment.
- If you are going to purchase a Summer Family Membership, it must be paid in full by the day you enroll in Camp. Summer Family Membership is valid from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend. Contact Bobby To Become a J Member
- Camp Enrollment requires a signed online enrollment form and an initial non-refundable deposit of $25 per week.
- The deposit/initial payment applies to the cost of the Camp and is non-refundable except under the following circumstances:
- Illness or injury that prevents a child from attending Camp. The J reserves the right to require documentation from a physician.
- A change in circumstance that prevents the child from attending Camp. This will be evaluated by the Camp Director before a refund is issued.
Three Payment Method Options
- Payment in full at time of enrollment.
- Payment plan: Through CampDoc.com you can set up your own monthly payment plan via EFT or credit/debit card. All payments must be completed by July 15, 2020.
- If you would like to make a check or cash payment on your account, you can bring this to The J main office and we will apply it to your account balance.
Changes in Enrollment
- All changes in enrollment (cancellation or switching camps) must be received in writing. Please email [email protected]
- An administrative charge of $30 is assessed for changes in Camp enrollment made after April 1, 2020. Several changes can be made in one request. Changes include canceling or switching Camps. Subsequent changes will also be charged $30.
- In order to receive a refund, less the $25 deposit, the cancellation must be received in writing no later than the Monday, a week before the session begins. If this request is after April 1, 2020, the $30 change fee will also be assessed. For example, if you are requesting to cancel the week of June 8, 2020, the request at least needs to be received by June 1, 2020 to receive a refund.
- Cancellations will change the dollar amount of your scheduled payment plan.
- Adding a Camp is not considered a change and families are NOT assessed a change fee. A new payment plan will need to be set up to be paid in full by July 15, 2020.
Parents are encouraged to attend Camp Orientation session to meet the Staff and receive program information.
CDC Camp Parent Orientation
Wednesday, May 20 | 6:30 pm | Parents Only | in the CDC
School-Age Camps Parent and Camper Orientation
Wednesday, May 27 | 6:00-7:30 pm | in the Social Hall
Ma’asim Tovim Parent and Camper Orientation
Wednesday, May 27 | 7:00 pm | in Conference Room C (3rd floor above the main lobby)