Entering 5th - 7th Grades
Maximum Enrollment: 40
8 weekly sessions: 9am - 4pm M-F
Early Care: 7-9am | Late Care: 4-6pm
Bigger, Older. Our Machane (Camp): BOOM!
BOOM! has activities designed for older campers and includes a variety of Camp activities – games, crafts, swimming, archery, theme projects and special events. Each week will include a field trip! Several of the camp activities will relate to the theme of the week.
- Week 1 - June 5-9: Extreme Camp Fun – Participate in Camp games, adventures and extreme activities designed for extreme camp fun!
- Week 2 - June 12-16: Cooking Up a Jewish Storm – Each morning we will prepare our own Jewish treats, such as Kugel, blintzes, knishes and challah. All cooking will be Vaad Supervised. In addition, we will participate in swimming, games and other camp activities.
- Week 3 - June 19-23: Ultimate Games – Traditional games, wacky games, new games old games – we will play them all! Includes a field trip to a Royals Game.
- Week 4 - June 26-30: Challenge Yourself – Individual and group challenges in arts, science, sports, archery and other creative challenges.
- Week 5 - July 5-8: July Jamboree – daily field trips and special events.
- Week 6 - July 10-14: International Adventures – Participate in games, challenges and activities from around the world.
- Week 7 - July 17-21: H2O Week - Water activities of all kinds and a trip to a Water Park!
- Week 8 - July 24-28: Taste of Sabra - (limit 35 campers) Take a 3-day trip to Camp Sabra and then enjoy J Camp activities on Thursday and Friday. This week has an additional cost. See below for more information about the Sabra trip.
- Week 9 - July 31-Aug 4: BOOM! Adventures – Wind up the summer with fun BOOM! games, adventures and more!
During Week 8, BOOM! Campers and J Camp staff will travel by bus to Camp Sabra on Monday and return on Wednesday. Campers will have a chance to get a taste of Camp Sabra by participating in the ropes course, paddle boarding, kayaking, swimming, and nature activities. Camp Sabra is located midway between Kansas City and St. Louis and is operated by the St. Louis JCC. Watch for more information here!
A Day in the Life of a BOOM Camper
Every group is different, but here’s a sampling of the schedule for BOOM! Campers.
9:00: Morning Activities & Theme Projects
1:00: Afternoon Activities & Electives
2:15: Free Swim
3:45: Get ready to go home
Cost per week:
Full Time: $378 | $251 with Member Discount
M/W/F: $264 | $175 with Member Discount
Early & Late Care: $12 each per day | $6 each per day with Member Discount
Week 8: Taste of Camp Sabra – with Sabra Trip (No MWF option)
Full Time: $465 | $331 with Member Discount
Permission to leave Camp Independently:
J Campers who are entering 5th grade or older may get parental permission to leave J Camp independently when dismissed between 3:45 – 4:00 p.m. Parents may sign the parental permission form in the CampDoc Authorizations section. When parents give permission, once dismissed after Camp, independent campers 5th grade and older will not be supervised and parents must arrange a time and place to pick them up. The Independent youth must be able to be trusted and agree to be in approved areas of the Jewish Community Campus. Approved areas include the Main Lobby, and if they are J member, they must show their J membership card to go to open areas of the pool, gym or racquetball courts. Independent youth must behave themselves, and act appropriately. The J reserves the right to remove the option of a youth continuing to leave independently if they are not able to follow the rules.