Entering 1st - 4th Grades
8 weekly sessions: 9am - 4pm M-F
Early Care: 7-9am | Late Care: 4-6pm
A great camp for kids that want to experience a little bit of everything at J Camp! Barney Goodman includes crafts, sports, science, songs, swimming, archery and life-long friendships. Trained camp staff promote kindness, respect, and Jewish values.
Each Barney Goodman week also includes:
- Group swim lessons with Red Cross Certified Swim Instructors. Generally 1st and 2nd Graders have lessons Monday through Thursday mornings. And 3rd and 4th graders generally have lessons Monday and Wednesday mornings. More info available here >
- Science and Art activities.
- Israeli cultural activities and Friday afternoon Shabbat.
- Participation in chugim - a variety of special interest program options.
Each week will include activities based on a theme. Some weeks will include a field trip, and some weeks will include an Undernight.
- Week 1 - June 5-9: Around the World – includes a field trip
- Week 2 - June 12-16: Jungle Safari – includes a field Trip WAITING LIST
- Week 3 - June 19-23: Camp Olympics – includes an Undernight WAITING LIST
- Week 4 - June 26-30: Crazy Science – includes a field Trip WAITING LIST
- Week 5 - July 5-8: July Jamboree week – special daily activities or field trips
- Week 6 - July 10-14: Israeli Ruach (Spirit) – includes a field trip SOLD OUT
- Week 7 - July 17-21: Aqua-Riffic! - includes an Undernight SOLD OUT
- Week 8 - July 24-28: Super Heroes – includes a field trip SOLD OUT
- Week 9 - July 31-Aug 4: Summer Celebration – includes a field trip SOLD OUT
A special activity at J Camp where campers can choose to stay at camp on select Wednesday nights from 4-8 p.m.
- Special games & activities
- Extra swim
- Cookout, campfire, songs & s’mores
A Day in the Life of a Barney Goodman Camper
Every group is different, but here’s a great sampling of the schedule for Barney Goodman Campers. Generally Campers are grouped by gender and in grade groups: 1st & 2nd, or 3rd & 4th grades.
9:00 – 12:00 Morning Activities
Circle Time! Songs and cheers and getting ready for the day.
Morning activities – such as crafts, games, science, archery, Shirim (music) or Kol Israel (Israeli Cultural activities)
Swim Lessons (1st & 2nd Grade: Monday – Thursday; 3rd & 4th Grade: Monday & Wednesday)
1:00 – 4:00 Afternoon Activities
Crafts, games, archery, special events and Chugim (electives)
Get ready to go home
Cost per week:
Full Time: $362 | $240 with Member Discount
M/W/F: $254 | $168 with Member Discount
Early & Late Care: $12 each per day | $6 each per day with Member Discount