About The J
To build a strong, vibrant and inclusive community that enhances wellness, meaning and joy, based on Jewish values, heritage and culture.
We are a welcoming community that embodies Jewish values in a safe and respectful environment. People of all ages and backgrounds learn and grow at our ‘home away from home.’
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City ("The J") opened in 1914 in midtown Kansas City, Missouri, and has grown and adapted to serve the changing needs of Greater Kansas City's Jewish and secular communities. We've continuously offered the finest in recreational, social and educational services as our facilities have transitioned to southern Overland Park, Kansas.
Donate to The J
We're proud of our impact on families, individuals and the community. Yet, membership and program fees account for only a portion of the funds required to offer our services. The remainder comes from corporate and foundation support, and very importantly, individual gifts from people just like you. Donate now >
We Live These Values at The J
Welcoming + Inclusive - "Hachnasat Orchim"
We are welcoming, inclusive and nurturing. We invite all to join us in making connections and lifelong friendships.
Building Community - "Kehilla"
We believe in the strength of community and we seek to cultivate a sense of belonging in all we do.
Enriching Mind + Body + Soul - "Ha'asharah"
We help individuals live a physically, intellectually, and emotionally healthy lifestyle.
Passing on Jewish Culture + History - "M'dor L'dor"
We celebrate and pass on the values, culture, history, and traditions of the Jewish people.
Treat Others As You Wish To Be Treated - "V'ahavta"
We treat everyone with respect, dignity and loving kindness.
Discover The J
For the highest quality services based on your needs:
- Best-of-the-best fitness center, open 7 days a week, at the hours you want
- 80+ no-charge Group Exercise classes, led by professionals committed to a better you
- CrossFit, yoga and more for every fitness level
- Indoor track
- Boxing included at no extra charge
- Individualized Personal Training, taught by accredited coaches, with schedules centered around you
- Sports & Recreation programs for children and adults
- Basketball, softball, tennis and racquetball for adults
- Baseball, T-ball, karate, soccer, tennis and more for kids
- Youth Fitness Zone
- Indoor pool and aquatics programs
- Outdoor Waterama Family Pool Adventure, plus Olympic-sized pool
- Swim lessons, taught by American Red Cross certified instructors
- Masters swimming
- Healthy treats at the Alef Bet Cafe, with summer poolside service
Unlock More at The J
- Accredited Child Development Center
- After-School Care
- Summer Day Camps
- Performing Arts classes
- Accredited gathering place for senior adults 65+
- 500-seat theatre featuring family-friendly productions
- Cultural and educational events