About The J
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City
To build a strong, vibrant and inclusive community that enhances wellness, meaning, and joy, based on Jewish values, heritage, and culture.
We are a welcoming community that embodies Jewish values in a safe and respectful environment. People of all ages and backgrounds learn and grow at our ‘home away from home.’
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City ("The J") opened in 1914 in midtown Kansas City, Missouri, and has grown and adapted to serve the changing needs of Greater Kansas City's Jewish and secular communities. We've continuously offered the finest in recreational, social, and educational services as our facilities have transitioned to Overland Park, Kansas.
Our Community Center is expanding! With the generosity of our community and donors, our Capital Campaign was a success and we are thrilled to announce the expansion has begun. Stay tuned as more details unfold.
Discover Everything The J Has to Offer
For the highest quality services based on your needs:
- State-of-the-art fitness center, open 7 days a week, at the hours you want
- 100+ no-charge Group Fitness classes, including Les Mills offerings, led by professionals committed to a better you
- CrossFit, yoga, cycling, boxing, and more for every fitness level
- Indoor track, free weight area, and 80+ pieces of cardio equipment
- Individualized Personal Training, taught by accredited coaches, with schedules centered around you
- Basketball, softball, tennis, handball, wallyball, and racquetball for adults
- Baseball, T-ball, karate, soccer, tennis, basketball, and more for kids
- Dance, Acro + Tumbling, plus music, voice, + art classes for kids
- Youth Fitness Zone and The Park for childcare while you workout
- Indoor pool and aquatics programs, Whirlpool, and Saunas
- Outdoor Waterama Family Pool Adventure, plus Olympic-sized pool and lap swimming
- Swim lessons for youth and adults taught by American Red Cross certified instructors
- Broadway style shows in the 500-seat White Theatre
- Programs for families with kids of all ages
- Jewish art installations, cultural activities, book clubs, and more
- One of the best summer camps in town with a wide variety of specialty camps
- A gathering place for social, educational, and healthy activities for our Senior (65+) community
- Accredited Child Development Center (1 year-PreK), After-School Care, and Vacation Days
We Live These Values at The J
Welcoming + Inclusive - "Hachnasat Orchim"
We are welcoming, inclusive and nurturing. We invite all to join us in making connections and lifelong friendships.
Building Community - "Kehilla"
We believe in the strength of community and we seek to cultivate a sense of belonging in all we do.
Enriching Mind + Body + Soul - "Ha'asharah"
We help individuals live a physically, intellectually, and emotionally healthy lifestyle.
Passing on Jewish Culture + History - "M'dor L'dor"
We celebrate and pass on the values, culture, history, and traditions of the Jewish people.
Treat Others As You Wish To Be Treated - "V'ahavta"
We treat everyone with respect, dignity and loving kindness.
Join The J
If you're interested in joining our welcoming community center to improve your mind, body, and spirit, please contact a Member Representative today to learn more and receive a tour.
Debbie Ball: (913) 327-8008 or Bobby Carrico: (913) 981-8802.
Donate to The J
We're proud of our impact on families, individuals, and the community. Yet, membership and program fees account for only a portion of the funds required to offer our services. The remainder comes from corporate and foundation support, and very importantly, individual gifts from people just like you.