Youth Fitness at The J
Ages 8-12 and 13+
September 6 - October 28
The J's Youth Training is an 8-week program. Each session runs 60 minutes with the option of sessions 2 days/week (16 sessions) or 1 day/week (8 sessions). A Create-Your-Own-Group option is also available.
This program develops athlete’s physical and mental conditioning taking their performance to a new level on and off the field or court. Advance your child’s strength, speed, cardiovascular capacity, mobility, power and more!
Whether the sport is football, baseball, soccer, basketball, volleyball, softball, tennis, golf or track & field - Youth Training includes programming to challenge core strength, develop physical stamina, and improve total body power.
Agility: (Increase mobility, foot speed and lateral movement technique)
- Develop lower body mobility to strengthen muscles, tendons and ligaments surrounding the hip, knee, and ankle joints.
- Increase change of direction speed and quickness (separation and closing speed)
Speed and Reaction: (improve total body power and muscle endurance)
- Reactive agility may be the most underrated and underused training method for athletes. Recent studies have shown that the best athletes have better reactive agility. It is the decision-making aspect, and the reaction to an external cue, in these drills that make them so beneficial. Incorporating these drills into your program will improve play on the field or court by helping the athlete react faster and anticipate the next move of the opponent.
- Increase cardiovascular levels for durability
- Decrease recovery time and lactic acid build-up in the legs
- Maintain a high level of speed for the duration of the competition
September 6 - October 28
Classes are offered Monday + Friday (2 days/week) or Tuesday (1 day/week) and run 60 minutes
8-12 year olds - 4:00 p.m.
Tuition: $240 for 2 days per week | $130 for 1 day per week
13 years + - 5:00 p.m.
Tuition: $320 for 2 days per week | $200 for 1 day per week
To enroll, email Regina or call (913) 327.8155
Create Your Own Group
8-weeks | You pick days & times
Your child(ren) along with teammates or friends (4-6 youth total) can form their own small group for youth training. Our trainer will customize the 8-week program to a specific sport, if desired. The group will select the day(s) and time(s) for each weekly session, either 1 or 2 days per week.
To learn more, email Regina or call (913) 327.8155
Get Your Tween/Teen Working Out at The J
The Youth Fitness Orientation (YFO) provides 60-70 minutes of individualized instruction on how to use the core cardio equipment and cybex strength training machines found on The J fitness floor. Included in this orientation is a starter workout plan complete with basic information on proper techniques for each exercise. Those that complete the YFO, are permitted to utilize The J fitness equipment without direct parent supervision (excludes Technogym and free weights).
Contact Hiliary Nichols at 913-327-4632 or [email protected] to get the process started.
Group and Team Training Sessions
Schedule your team or partial team for a group workout with one of our trainers tailored to your specific sport. Pricing is based upon number of participants and number of sessions. Contact Mike Hicks at [email protected] to find out more.