Virtual Learning Assistance in Overland Park
School Days at The J
Kindergarten through 6th Grade | 7:30 am - 3:30 pm (7:30 - 9:00 am drop-off)
Late Care available at additional cost (3:30 - 6:00 pm)
School Days at The J is a program that provides virtual learning assistance in Overland Park to youth in Kindergarten through 6th grade. Students must be enrolled in school in a remote learning or hybrid program. Our staff will support your student's virtual learning by helping navigate their schedule, assisting with assignments, and ensure completed assignments are submitted*.
School Days at The J will be based in the After-School rooms, upstairs of the main lobby on the Jewish Community Campus.
Full Week: $230 per week for Members | $345 per week for Guests
3 Days per Week: $138 for Members | $207 for Guests
2 Day per Week: $92 for Members | $138 for Guests
Late Care: $10 per day for Members | $15 per day for Guests
Students may bring his/her own lunch, please no pork or shellfish. Or you may order lunch - $33.75 for 5 days, $20.25 for 3 days, or $13.50 for 2 days.
Lunch must be ordered with enrollment. Lunch will be a Kosher lunch from the Heritage Center.
Please contact Barry Birkmeyer by email or at (913) 327-8098. Payment can be made via credit card. If you have one on file we can use that.
Each family should provide J staff with school information and links. Youth will need to bring a laptop or tablet, charger, headphones, logins, and passwords. The J is not responsible for any lost or broken devices. The J does not have extra devices to loan if one is forgotten or not working.
We have implemented the Johnson County Health Department recommended protocols. They are as follows:
- Youth and J staff will have their temperature taken each morning
- Parents and J staff will also answer screening questions
- Youth and J staff will be required to wear masks inside and outside at all times, except for eating/drinking, swimming, and intense physical activity when outside and social distancing is maintained
- Everyone will wash hands frequently and when that is not possible, use hand sanitizer
- J staff will sanitize surfaces regularly throughout the day
- The rooms are cleaned nightly with an electrostatic machine
- Activities will be structured to encourage physical distancing
As schools change their schedules and mode of learning, our program is subject to change.
Questions? Contact Barry Birkmeyer at (913) 327-8098 or by e-mail.
*Our staff will rely on parents to forward teacher messages. Our staff will do their best to motivate youth, we cannot guarantee the completion of all work or the degree of learning taking place.