Kinesis at The J
Kinesis is an alternative form of personal training emphasizing controlled movements. It enhances strength, balance, flexibility and cardiovascular fitness. The classes are guided by a certified personal trainer using state-of-the-art equipment. The Kinesis equipment works in multi-plane motion patterns in over 500 movements to improve your total fitness. With an emphasis on "core" training, your muscles work together as an integrated unit, balancing strength gains across all of the involved muscles.This emphasis on core strength provides for equal time on the abdomen, sides, back and other areas deep in the trunk all while increasing your balance, flexibility and aerobic fitness.
Reserve time slot and instructor by registering at the Member Experience Desk.
Classes are limited to seven participants.
Contact our Member Experience Desk at 913-327-8010
Kinesis Class Schedule:
Mondays at 9:30 a.m. with Brandie
Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. with Brandie
Fridays at 10:00 a.m. with Ali
Heritage Center Kinesis Schedule:
Tuesdays at 10:45 a.m. with Brandie
Thursdays at 10:15 a.m. + 10:45 a.m. with Aimee
A Total Body Workout
- All-in-One Cardio & Strength Training
- Focus on core muscles
- Increases Balance, Flexibility and Stability
- Promotes weight loss
- A fun way to burn up to 30% more calories per workout
- Great body toning for all muscle groups
- Perfect for rehab patients, people looking for low-impact workouts, and anyone who wants a smooth transition as they get back in shape
- Performance enhancement: Athletes can design Kinesis programs that help maximize performance
What you should know about Kinesis:
- Members may reserve a position for any scheduled Kinesis class ( a voucher must be purchased in order to reserve a class position).
- When class is full, additional reservations may be made after a position has been vacated by a cancellation. When not at maximum capacity, a first-come-first-serve policy for class admittance will be followed.
- Participants should pick up their voucher at the Member Experience Desk prior to class.
- Members must cancel their reserved space one hour before the start of class or forfeit a voucher.
- Most Kinesis classes are capped at six participants per session (minimum 4), increasing only at the discretion of the instructor.
- All vouchers will be collected each day before class; each participant must have a voucher to participate.
- New classes can be formed for you and your friends.
Contact: Brandi Ventre at 913-327-8081 or email [email protected] for more information.
Burn fat + Build Muscle! Change your routine with high intensity cardio intervals while building lean muscle and receive expert guidance to help you reach your fitness goals. This group training class will motivate you with pre/post assessments to challenge yourself beyond your current fitness level.
January 23 - March 15
Tuesdays + Thursdays at 5:30 am
8 week session: $120
Questions? Contact Scott Croft by e-mail or at (913) 327.8016.
Small Group Training
Motivate yourself and your friends with Small Group Training (SGT) at The J! SGT classes provide smaller, intimate class sizes with more individualized attention, lead by one of our certified Personal Trainers. Classes can range from 4-6 members and will utilize everything from the TRX suspension system, dumbbells, functional training, core and more. Draw from the energy of your group as you push yourself for real results.
To get started, call the Personal Training desk at (913) 327.8016 or e-mail Roslyn