Indoor Triathlon at The J
For Adults (Ages 14+) + NEW Youth Division (Ages 10-14)
Date: February 23, 2020 - Registration closed February 14
The Indoor Triathlon at The J is the perfect opportunity for beginners or experienced athletes alike, this inclusive indoor event encourages participants to participate and lead a fit lifestyle. Swim in our indoor pool, bike on stationary Keiser bikes, then run around the indoor track to complete one of 3 distances below.
YOUTH SUPER SPRINT Swim 200 yards / Bike 5 miles / Run 1.5 miles
SUPER SPRINT Swim 400 yards / Bike 8 miles / Run 2 miles
SPRINT Swim 750 yards / Bike 12.4 miles / Run 3.1 miles
- Participants must be at least 14 years old for the Sprint or Super Sprint Divisions
- Youth Division participants must be between the ages of 10-14 years old
- Sprint Division is capped at 24 participants and 12 team entries.
- Registration is open to everyone but must be received on or before Friday, February 8 to receive a shirt
and by Thursday, February 14 to participate.
- All heats start in the pool, and are approximately every 20 minutes.
Sprint heats will begin at 7 am and Super Sprint heats will begin at 9 am or after.
You will be notified by e-mail with your heat information prior to the event.
- The bike portion will take place on Keiser Bikes at a pre-set resistance.
- An individual person (a Timer) will be assigned to each athlete.
The Timer will follow the athlete throughout the event and be responsible for counting laps in the pool and around the track during the run.
Transition time is documented and counts toward your total finish time.
- You may bring your own Timer, or one will be provided.
- Refreshments will be provided for post-race cool down.
Youth Super Sprint fees
Individual - $36
*No team options in Youth Super Sprint Division
Super Sprint fees
J Individual Member - $39 | Guest Individual - $54
J Relay Team - $76 | Guest Relay Team - $106
J Individual Member - $49 | Guest Individual - $64
J Relay Team - $86 | Guest Relay Team - $116
Medals will be awarded to all finishers. The overall male and female winners (top 3 in each division) will be notified after all heats are complete and they will receive gift certificates.
All participants also receive a long-sleeve tech t-shirt if registered by February 8, 2020.
In order to put on an event like this, The J relies on the community and all of its outstanding volunteers!
We are looking for volunteers to help out with various aspects of this event including check-ins, registration, set-up, tear down, timing, etc. Shifts are available from 6:30 am to 1:00 pm.
If you’ve never helped with the indoor Triathlon, I really encourage you to do so this year. It’s a really exciting and inspiring event!
Questions? Please contact Brandi Ventre at (913) 327-8081. We look forward to seeing you there!
To become a sponsor or for more information, please contact Erika Aanestad at (913) 327-4693.