Ma'asim Tovim - Chai!
(Good Works - Life!)
Entering 7th & 8th Grades
Maximum Enrollment: 18
9 weekly sessions: 9am - 4pm M-F
Ma’asim Tovim is the most unique day camp experience in Kansas City! Ma’asim Tovim means “good works”. Chai means “life”. We are encouraged to be good and ethical people – mensches. Each week Campers help others through community service and participate in fun day camp or recreational activities in the afternoon – both contributing to a good life!
- Here are some sample community service locations and sample service projects. Each week is different!
- Harvester’s or JFS Food Pantry – help prepare foods to be donated to families.
- Humane society – like Wayside Waifs - play with pets and help with small chores.
- Youth organization – like Whatsoever Community Center – read to and play games with kids.
- Community garden - like the Mitzvah Garden – work in the garden to weed or help harvest food.
- J Camp – help with Camp events – like Color Games, Water Games and the J Camp Carnival.
- Sample recreation: Swimming, bowling, skating, museums, and local recreation areas.
- Each week there will be a special Ma’asim Tovim field trip – such as Power Play, Top Golf or Worlds of Fun. Once those field trips are confirmed, they will be listed here on our website.
Watch for more specific session details as we have them confirmed.
To get an idea of what the schedule is like, you can view the Tentative 2019 Ma'asim Tovim Community Service & Activity Calendar
Cost per week:
♦ Full-Time: $449 | $295 with J Member Discount
Online enrollment will open February 15th! Check back for the link.
Permission to leave Camp Independently
J Campers who are entering 5th grade or older may get parental permission to leave J Camp independently when dismissed between 3:45 – 4:00 p.m. Parents may sign the parental permission form in the CampDoc Authorizations section. When parents give permission, once dismissed after Camp, independent campers 5th grade and older will not be supervised and parents must arrange a time and place to pick them up. The independent youth must be able to be trusted and agree to be in approved areas of the Jewish Community Campus. Approved areas include the Main Lobby, and if they are a J member, they must show their J membership card to go to open areas of the pool, gym or racquetball courts. Independent youth must behave themselves, and act appropriately. The J reserves the right to remove the option of a youth continuing to leave independently if they are not able to follow the rules.