Entering 5th - 7th Grades
8 weekly sessions: 9am - 4pm M-F
Early Care: 7-9am | Late Care: 4-6pm
Bigger, Older. Our Machane (Camp): BOOM!
BOOM! has activities designed for older Campers and includes a variety of Camp activities – games, crafts, swimming, archery, science, theme projects, and special events.
Each week will include a field trip! Several of the Camp activities will relate to the theme of the week.
- Week 1 (June 3-7): Amazing Race – We will tackle challenges from around the world and try out fun customs from other countries. We also will go on a fun field trip!
- Week 2 (June 10-14): ComicCon – Who is your favorite Super Hero? We will be doing lots of Hero activities and discovering our Superpowers! We will also go on a fun field trip!
- Week 3 (June 17-21): Wild + Wacky Week – This week will be filled with lots of wild and wacky BOOM! Activities. We will also go on a fun field trip! We will end the week with our J Camp Color Games!
- Week 4 (June 24-28): Mystery + Mitzvah – We will be doing fun mysterious activities this week! And we will be doing nice things for other people and going on a field trip!
- Week 5 (July 1-5): July Jamboree – No BOOM! this week. Enroll in July Jamboree for daily field trips and special events!
- Week 6 (July 8-12): Survivor Week – We will be doing fun Survivor challenges this week, both individually and in groups. We will also go on a field trip!
- Week 7 (July 15-19): Unusual Maccabi Games - This week we will explore some of the unusual Maccabi events – such as Ultimate Frisbee, field hockey, lawn bowling, chess, and more! We will also be going on a field trip!
- Week 8 (July 22-26): Super Silly + Super Messy Week – Get ready to get messy! We will be doing fun, silly and messy activities this week. We will also be going on a field trip! Part-time spots for week 8 are full. You can join the part-time waitlist, or enroll full time.
- Week 9 (July 29-Aug 2): Mash Up Week – This week we will Mash Up our activities – take parts of one game or activity and join it with another – making for lots of fun! We will also be going on a field trip and participating in the end of the summer J Camp Carnival.
A Day in the Life of a BOOM Camper
Every group is different, but here’s a sampling of the schedule for BOOM! Campers.
9:00: Morning activities, theme projects and activities
1:00: Afternoon activities, electives, and special activities
2:15: Free Swim
3:45: Get ready to go home
Cost per week:
♦ Full-Time: $406 | $268 with J Member Discount
♦ Part-Time M/W/F: $284 | $187 with J Member Discount
♦ Early + Late Care: $19 | $9 each per day per child with J Member Discount
Online enrollment will open February 15th! Check back for the link.
Permission to leave Camp Independently:
J Campers who are entering 5th grade or older may get parental permission to leave J Camp independently when dismissed between 3:45 – 4:00 p.m. Parents may sign the parental permission form in the CampDoc Authorizations section. When parents give permission, once dismissed after Camp, independent campers 5th grade and older will not be supervised and parents must arrange a time and place to pick them up. The independent youth must be able to be trusted and agree to be in approved areas of the Jewish Community Campus. Approved areas include the Main Lobby, and if they are a J member, they must show their J membership card to go to open areas of the pool, gym or racquetball courts. Independent youth must behave themselves, and act appropriately. The J reserves the right to remove the option of a youth continuing to leave independently if they are not able to follow the rules